LifeAfterDx--Diabetes Uncensored

A internet journal from one of the first T1 Diabetics to use continuous glucose monitoring. Copyright 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Mexico, United States

Hi! I’m William “Lee” Dubois (called either Wil or Lee, depending what part of the internet you’re on). I’m a diabetes columnist and the author of four books about diabetes that have collectively won 16 national and international book awards. (Hey, if you can’t brag about yourself on your own blog, where can you??) I have the great good fortune to pen the edgy Dear Abby-style advice column every Saturday at Diabetes Mine; write the Diabetes Simplified column for dLife; and am one of the ShareCare diabetes experts. My work also appears in Diabetic Living and Diabetes Self-Management magazines. In addition to writing, I’ve spent the last half-dozen years running the diabetes education program for a rural non-profit clinic in the mountains of New Mexico. Don’t worry, I’ll get some rest after the cure. LifeAfterDx is my personal home base, where I get to say what and how I feel about diabetes and… you know… life, free from the red pens of editors (all of whom I adore, of course!).

Saturday, May 05, 2007

Lions, and tigers, and bears; oh my!

I am trying to decide between the Leopard, the Snake, or the Zebra. No, I’m not buying cowboy boots.

I’m checking out the new skins.

Skins are like wallpaper for your pump. I actually went to the MedT online store to buy that stuff that removes glue-gunk from your skin. Then I saw the skins.

They are vinyl and wrap around your pump to change its style, color, and funk factor. They are supposed to be easy to put on and take off. They are the temporary tattoo of pumping. And they are $9.99 per pop.

Some samples: Blue Electricity, Daisies (defiantly not me), Jelly Beans, Tie Dye, Flames, Crayons…pretty much something for everyone. Before I knew it I had three in my shopping cart. Then I came to my senses. First off, I actually like the way ParaPump looks. That said, I can’t resist something new. So I decided to treat my self to just one.

I like the snake the best, but it really doesn’t match the colors of my key pad with its blues and grays. Same is true for the Leopard, so I settle on Snake.

I’ll let you know how it looks when it arrives…

4 Comments:

Blogger Allison said...

I have the jelly beans case! You can see it in the Diabetes Made Visible Flickr gallery.

1:52 AM  
Blogger Major Bedhead said...

I didn't even know they had skins until I met Allison. O wants to get one for her pump, but she hasn't made up her mind yet.

10:00 AM  
Blogger Scott K. Johnson said...

Oh man - I would have pegged you for the tie dye all the way! Maybe it's beard...

LOL!!!

5:46 PM  
Blogger Scott K. Johnson said...

Uh, I meant "Maybe it's THE beard..."

5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home