LifeAfterDx--Diabetes Uncensored

A internet journal from one of the first T1 Diabetics to use continuous glucose monitoring. Copyright 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Mexico, United States

Hi! I’m William “Lee” Dubois (called either Wil or Lee, depending what part of the internet you’re on). I’m a diabetes columnist and the author of four books about diabetes that have collectively won 16 national and international book awards. (Hey, if you can’t brag about yourself on your own blog, where can you??) I have the great good fortune to pen the edgy Dear Abby-style advice column every Saturday at Diabetes Mine; write the Diabetes Simplified column for dLife; and am one of the ShareCare diabetes experts. My work also appears in Diabetic Living and Diabetes Self-Management magazines. In addition to writing, I’ve spent the last half-dozen years running the diabetes education program for a rural non-profit clinic in the mountains of New Mexico. Don’t worry, I’ll get some rest after the cure. LifeAfterDx is my personal home base, where I get to say what and how I feel about diabetes and… you know… life, free from the red pens of editors (all of whom I adore, of course!).

Friday, July 07, 2006

Roll Call

OK OK OK OK OK OK OK. Stop pestering. I'll start posting again.....but not every day! Let's start with a roll call. Check in via comments and let me know you are still out there and are ready to read!

I've got Guardian updates, an exciting new job, and a new diabetes toy to report on (and it's not what you think it is.....).

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm here and interested if it matters.

I want a CGMS system but not enough to pay the current costs for either Dexcom or Guardian.

11:51 AM  
Blogger Sandra Miller said...

Still here.

Can't wait to read what you've up to!

11:56 AM  
Blogger Kelsey said...

Welcome back... we're all ears :)

12:59 PM  
Blogger Scott K. Johnson said...

Whoa buddy! Had to dust the cobwebs off your blog address!! :-)

Count me in the (still) faithful readers column!

2:04 PM  
Blogger Kerri. said...

And the little blog roll on my site let me know that you're still kicking around out there.

So glad to see that you're back. And since I already know what your job is, I am really looking forward to reading your posts. Per usual.

Ah, blogs. They suck you in every time. :)

2:49 PM  
Blogger George said...

Present!

I am curious about the new toy!

3:02 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean, ahem, I'm here.

You know, just hanging around...

12:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, I am here! I miss your voice...

Now tell me what the toy is!

10:23 PM  
Blogger HVS said...

oh yeah
finally,SOMETHING good has happened this weekend.
Glad to see you back.

8:30 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

I happened on your last post about a month ago and was disappointed you weren't still posting, so I'm glad to hear you're back! I'm considering upgrading my pump to the Minimed 522 with the sensor, so your tips were good food for thought.

5:52 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

Woot! I can't wait to read more!

12:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been interested all along :-).

Ellen

1:47 PM  
Blogger Val said...

Here too - read you religiously before -- looking forward to more!

10:48 AM  
Blogger Bernard said...

Glad to see you back. And I see the Guardian was just approved for general use.

My immediate thought that the new toy was the Minimed 522. I listened to a talk about this last week at a pump club meeting and it seems really interesting.

Anyone else out there using on yet? The pump rep said that some folks have managed to get insurance coverage for it due to DKA or A1C problems.

4:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home