LifeAfterDx--Diabetes Uncensored

A internet journal from one of the first T1 Diabetics to use continuous glucose monitoring. Copyright 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Mexico, United States

Hi! I’m William “Lee” Dubois (called either Wil or Lee, depending what part of the internet you’re on). I’m a diabetes columnist and the author of four books about diabetes that have collectively won 16 national and international book awards. (Hey, if you can’t brag about yourself on your own blog, where can you??) I have the great good fortune to pen the edgy Dear Abby-style advice column every Saturday at Diabetes Mine; write the Diabetes Simplified column for dLife; and am one of the ShareCare diabetes experts. My work also appears in Diabetic Living and Diabetes Self-Management magazines. In addition to writing, I’ve spent the last half-dozen years running the diabetes education program for a rural non-profit clinic in the mountains of New Mexico. Don’t worry, I’ll get some rest after the cure. LifeAfterDx is my personal home base, where I get to say what and how I feel about diabetes and… you know… life, free from the red pens of editors (all of whom I adore, of course!).

Thursday, December 15, 2005

An award-winning Blog?

I got a nice surprise tonight, I got an email from Allison Blass over at the OC. Rather than paraphrase I’ll just cut and paste:

Dear Wil,
Congratulations! You have been nominated for 3 Diabetes OC Blog Choice Awards in the following categories:


- Best Blog
- Best Male Blogger
- Best New Blog


There will be a special Talkfest chat on Wednesday, Jan. 4 at 6pm PST/9pm EST where we will announce the winners. You do not have to be present to win. No purchase necessary.

A list of the nominees and the voting poll will be posted at the Diabetes OC Blog Choice Awards website tomorrow, Dec. 16. Please encourage your readers to vote.

Thank you and again, congratulations!

Sincerely,
Allison BlassDiabetes
OC Blog Choice Awards Coordinator

Wow! What can I say, I didn't really see that one coming. Oh, wait a minute, I do know that to say. Thank you. Thank you to all of you who nominated me. Muchas Gracias.

3 Comments:

Blogger Wil said...

Blushing and basking.

(Bow)

7:00 AM  
Blogger Carole Turner said...

Will, I was just given your blog address while chatting in the Parents Chat @ Childrenwithdiabetes.com. I had asked about the Gardian and when it would be available for under 18 yrs of age. My daughter Evangeine is 9 now and was dx'd three weeks after her 2nd birthday as type 1. She is n a pump and her numbers are good but we want one. Also I was very interested in your incorrect Dx's. My husband tested positive for the GAD anti-body, which they say causes type 1, his C-pet is 2.7,which says he has insulin resistance but his blood sugars only run upto 135-150 sometimes. He is part of two studies. They have called him type 1 and 1/2! I am gonna print out your blog to read, it's very long, but what are some entries specific to the Gardian and your mis-dx?
Thank you so much.
Carole

my blog:
thewardrobeandthewhitetree.blogspot.com

2:53 PM  
Blogger Wil said...

Carole--

I try to talk about the Guardian in nearly every post, that's sort of become the mission. I often wander off on tangents, but most posts have a lot of solid info about the system woven in.

My miss DXs have more to do with the lack of good health care in my state than any unusual circumstance. I got T-1 late in life and I was over weight at the time. It was only natural for my general doc to assume I was T-2. To his credit when things got out of hand he turned me over to an endo. She figured I was 1.5 based on, well, hell, I don't remember on what basis.

Then we got some sort of test back that showed not a drop of insulin was being produced by my body. She said, "congratulations, you've been promoted to a Type 1." At each DX and scoured the internet for info about "my" condition!

10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home